Talk about Loo with a View! The bathroom at Mumin Papa Café in Akashi, Japan,…
Rainy season is here! Take advantage of the extra time spent indoors and renovate your bathroom this weekend. These are my top 10 Budget Bathroom Renovation ideas. I hope it inspires you as much as it inspired my wife!
1. Using a Wine Rack as a Towel Holder. Brilliant idea!
2. Adding Baskets for extra Storage. Keep your towels fresh and your toilet rolls off the floor with some cheap but effective basket storage. Source
3. Add a Line of Wooden Trim and paint below the line. Simple and easy way to upscale a small toilet or bathroom. Source
4. Add a Pebble or mosaic Splashback. An easy, small tiling job that makes a big impact. Pebble tiles are a fun DIY project which doesn’t require a professional tiler –the more rustic the effect, the better.
5. DIY Shelving above the toilet.
6. Clean or Colour your Grout. This must be the quickest way to update your tiling in your bathroom. Either clean or paint with a grout pen (available from most hardware stores). Source
7. A Pot of Paint. A simple Paint Job goes a long way. The toilet of bathroom is the room you can experiment with colour. Be brave, go bold and add contrast with simple white accessories. Source
8. For a Bit of Fun – Rope lighting under cabinets is perfect night time lighting for late night toilet trips. Source
9. Add a Background. This transformation is amazing. Wallpaper, wood or tiles – use your imagination.
10. Sick of the 1980’s shade of peach in the bathroom? Can’t afford to retile this weekend? Paint them! Yes, You can paint your tiles. Take a trip to your local bunnings or hardware store and ask for some advice. Don’t live with Salmon Pink or Peach bathrooms anymore.
Hope this inspires you to get creative this weekend.